Our PHAT Returns tax specialists understand the unique requirements of Defence Force tax.
Did you know…?
- Travel in your own vehicle for work purposes can be deductible
- The Medicare sections are different for Defence Force tax returns, and mistakes could mean you end up owing money.
- The gear and equipment you purchase for your job can be tax deductible.
- Your expenses at recruit training can be deductible.
- Not all tax agents know how to handle tax exempt income from deployments.
- Postings in remote areas of Australia can qualify you for certain tax rebates.
- Having a depreciation schedule for your investment property could get you back thousands extra on your tax return. PHAT Returns Clients – Tax Depreciation Quote Request
- If you get behind on your tax returns we can help you catch up in one consultation.
- If you have been medically discharged you could be entitled to a tax offset.
Benefits of using PHAT Returns:
- Defence Force tax specialists: We have extensive experience with the Army, Navy and Air Force, across all ranks and specialties, including:
- Defence Force members studying at ADFA or Military College.
- Defence Force members are currently deployed or who have served overseas.
- Defence Force members with investment properties, managed funds, etc.
- Special Forces units – we know what to ask and what not to ask.
- Phone consultations: All tax returns are completed over the phone, so you don’t have to leave your base, ship, course or deployment
- One tax agent: Completing tax returns via phone means we’re not limited by locality so you don’t need to change tax agents ever again
- Maximum returns: We know all the specific deductions for your occupation, so you get a great tax return every year!
If you are a defence force member, after you have booked your over the phone appointment with a PHAT Returns tax specialist you will need to complete a copy of the Defence Force Tax Return Form and with your PAYG summaries, fax or email it back to us. If you are unable to open the form you may need to install Adobe Reader on your PC or device. Click on the link below to get the free version for PC/MAC or go to your App Store for the free app for devices. https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/
Get your Defence Force tax done right with PHAT Returns.
Proud major sponsors of Army Football